Great resource for outsourcing employers and/or workers looking for freelance projects worldwide!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

More fake FCT sleeves on eBay spotted (especially TP .335)


There are more and more fake FCT sleeves selling on ebay. Especially the TP .335
Well, people know what are valuable and will also produce whatever that makes a profit. What I wrote previously on how to spot a genuine FCT sleeve from a replica may not be applicable today, as many of these fakes have now been very well produced.

Take for an example, fakes now have what we call the 'production numbers' engraved below the sleeves. Fakes are also now grey in color (the shaft sleeve) instead of red (initial fakes very red = very fake).

Here are some newer updated techniques:
(Please click on each picture for an enlarged and clearer view)

<span class=
The part where you insert the shaft should be
MATT GREY. Fakes used to be red...
they are getting smarter now by making it
in grey too....
but fakes are usually in SHINY GREY.
Authentic sleeves go through a special process
which makes the sleeves MATT rather than shiny.


<span class=
ALL FCT sleeves should have these 2 dots below
if they are genuine. The 2 dots must match up according to the NU and L position respectively

<span class=
Especially for TP sleeves, where there are so
many fakes around! Be careful...look out for
this small detail!
The TP logo - there should be a gap in
between the T and P. Its a small gap but can
still be captured on camera.
A lot of those I see on ebay DO NOT have
the correct TP logo

My favourite! The BEST way to spot a fake:
<span class=
The horizontal lines on the teeth of the FCT
sleeves are what makes your FCT a genuine!
FCT = Flight Control Technology.
This is what helps make your club change its
lie angle, loft and face angle! The lines on the teeth
is produced only by a special knife which cuts the
FCT sleeve by machine during production.
You can't see the lines on the teeth for copy sleeves,
because they do not have the correct knife/machinery
to achieve this result. Buying a bogus sleeve means you
merely have have a socket to hold your shaft to your
clubhead, as simple as that. That's all, period.
You do not benefit from the FCT technology and the
adjustability of the R9 technology!

<span class=
The body of genuine screw bolts should be darker,
with a shade of black.
Pictured on the left is a fake screw, on the right is a genuine.

Photobucket
A fake screw sticks to a magnet as its made of stainless steel.
A genuine screw does not stick to a magnet.

Some possible fakes:



Photobucket
1. Teeth of the sleeves are clearly fake. No horizontal lines.
Also,I noticed the .350 he used to sell comes with
the circular rubber washer!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Updates (Updated 5th Nov 2009)


1) Seller: dbsdnjsqo
Photobucket
Photobucket
The rubber washer being rounded is a dead giveaway
From this angle, you can see that these are straight bore sleeves with no adjustibility.
The screw is fake, it is too long. Look at my picture below:
(click to enlarge)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Numbers should not really be engraved in white


2) Seller: Tgenovese

Photobucket
(click to enlarge picture)
Well its pretty obvious....he has stated in his description that his
are straight bore sleeves, not genuine.
This is a nice seller, a very nice person. Well, he does not know
that I know him but yeah, I know he's a good man....I sound like a
stalker now, LOL


3) Seller: thl-pro-shop

Photobucket
No comments really....picture is so small

4) Seller: Brandnamegolfequipment

Photobucket
This picture is also a bit too small to tell, but I think the screw
looks odd...also, teeth looks too 'polished'....
but then again, its a picture that is not close up, tough call


Photobucket

Somehow this china guy cracks me up. Read his item description....
.the english makes me laugh, and below.......he made a very pissing
comment. He seem to think that someone gave him a negative
feedback on purpose and at the end, is he hinting that its
'iheartburner' aka me??
I don't know....if he meant it as getting the heart 'burnt' (hurt) or
was he referring to me, as in he thinks I sabotaged him?
Am I getting sensitive?
I don't know.....Well for the record, ITS NOT ME....
I did not give him the negative and I would not do such things. I believe
in karma...besides, I have a good reputation already on ebay,
I need not resort to such means. DUH!

Well he may mean it as a word heartburn or whatever,
I don't know. I seriously dont understand his English....
just look at his description, LOL
Guess I should not take it too personally



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The above posts are based on my honest opinion for open sharing.
I have no intention to harm anyone's 'reputation'
by discussing their items on this blog.

3 comments:

  1. Clarify please: my original TM R9 (not TP)purchased thru an authorized pro shop - the teeth have horizontal lines BETWEEN the teeth and not on the surface. The fake I just purchased has horizontal lines between AND on the surface of the teeth. Also - the screw with the fake is NOT magnetic which means it may not be a fake... ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for taking so long to reply, i just saw this.
    Well, what do you mean by surface?

    ReplyDelete
  3. when are the nikestr8 sleeves and furrels

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments and I will try my best to respond ASAP.