Great resource for outsourcing employers and/or workers looking for freelance projects worldwide!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Taylormade R9 Supertri Ti Fairway wood



So, there has been hot news about this Taylormade Supertri TI Fairway wood. I had good friends asking me if I can get my hands on them. Thats how I came to know about this club! I was surprised, because my contacts never have a clue about this. One of my contacts even told me its a fake.....I did not want to believe it at first....I was 50-50. Part of me was thinking, maybe he can't get it, so he is doing the whole sour grapes thing by saying its fake.

Today, a close source (reputable, trustworthy) confirmed to me that it is a hoax. No such model be it Japan, Europe or US market. No such model now, no upcoming model like this.
So what? So...some sick guy (from china) basically 'produced' this. LOL! He think's he works for the R&D department for Taylormade or something? I mean come on, this is outrageous. To pirate a real club or clone is something, but to produce something that is not even a real model and to sell it like its some kind of ' tour issue pre-released' club? I think thats sick....there should be a special room in hell for a deed like this. Oh and I know how much he sells it for... the price he sells this stupid shit for, is even higher than the price of a genuine fairway wood that I sell....sick!

I know there has been a lot of interest in this on ebay and on popular forums like golf wrx. Most of my friends are frequent visitors on ebay and the forum. I just sincerely hope none of you are affected. If you are affected, I hope you get your money back.

I saw some sellers on ebay selling this and most of those sellers are reputable sellers. I am sad that they got cheated.

I am not trying to be gloat, but to those old fashioned people who always believed in this: "Never buy from overseas, only trust US based sellers or golf professionals" or "Coming from Singapore it must be fake".....2 words for you - TAKE THAT!

Fakes are made to look more real, and now what is worse is that there are self-proclaimed R&D designers out there. The world is getting darker and darker my friends. I know who is behind this. I mean, I know the guy who designed this, I know his name (not his real name, he keeps his identity well protected), I know who he distributes to...and in turn these people sell to other countries like US, Europe etc....its basically like a supply chain. This guy knows about the golf industry. That is why he knows he should call it a Supertri Ti...Ti are mainly popular for Japanese models and he will say its 'japanese market pre-release' in response to questions like ' how come I never seen this model before'. How'd I know? Lets just summarize it to make things quick: In January 2010, I lost $5000USD to a scam similar to this. Painful at first, so damn painful....but soon I realize I had to come to accept the fact that I am never going to be able to get that money back. My fight for justice included police reports, hiring of lawyers and private investigators. I spent more than what I lost even though I knew I am never going to be able to recover my money. I did what I did because I simply could not take it lying down. Who likes to be cheated? Well cut the long story short....police were useless....lawyers were gold diggers, private investigators gave me the best leads. I traced it all the way to the mastermind. I had all reports and evidences....I told myself I will expose them on the web. I am going to put that name to shame, months passed and maybe my anger mellowed. That thought slowly evaporated from my mind....sometimes I still think of it, I think of revenge....but I tell myself revenge is bitter, forget it "Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt" -Thomas Moore. A part of me wanted to calm down, make peace as I ' did not want to find trouble'. Hey, look where it leads to. Did that guy 'repent'? No...he continues doing shit....he DESIGNED the supertri FW wood. My ex-boss used to tell me that I have a weakness, and that is I do not have the ability to make firm, strict decisions. He says I get angry for a while and then forgets about being angry. "You can't be everyone's friend, sometimes you need to pull the plug" he says.
I know one day I will let out the whole story I went through....about being cheated, about what I found out. When I am ready, when I have healed completely and when I can find time. I did, however, write to the brand managers with my findings and they assured me that they are working on it. The only reason why it takes so long, they tell me, is because when it involves 2 countries, it is always harder to deal with the law, but they assured me they are aware of their battle plan. Look, it was never my intention to announce that I was cheated before okay. That's a chapter I'd like to forget, but I need to share my story so that people will not fall into the same trap. This guy might have profited $5000 from me, but I don't want him to profit more from others. It must stop.

Oh in case you feel sad for me, don't be. One month later I won the lottery. I mean I am not a millionaire, but I won $4700 (Singapore dollars)....its not like I won back the USD5000 I lost, but at least I got back something. God is really good.

I guess the bottom line is as simple as finding someone you trust, and stick with this person. (I am not trying to make you say that the person should be me) AHAHAHAHAHAH!!
Seriously, its like finding a wife, husband, finding the one and stick with it. Try not to stray...

So, the purpose of my post is to warn you guys, to beware. That being said, if you bought it from anyone in the US, try not to blame that person, ok? The US guy probably also got cheated by the freaky mastermind. Let's go after the real culprit and bring him down.

It gets trickier, as we are not just dealing with fakes now, which you can compare side by side with the real one. We are dealing with self-proclaimed pre-released tour models. Its hard to distinguish, right? Its supposedly pre-released so you do not have a real one to compare it with....I guess the main point I can get out of seeing this happen is, one can never let their guard down.

Anyone have the supertri FW wood? I want to know if a magnet can stick onto the head? Oh and the paint looks funky too right? Taylormade uses a specific tone of yellow, red and white paint by the way. Erm, I also wonder if the weights are for real. Is 8G really 8 grams or what? Even that little dot on the 'T" on the club head is the stroke of a genius serial cheater. How does he sleep, seriously? Is life even worth it if you live a life like this?

I am not trying to act like a saint, but what I have is faith. I think faith is everything. With faith comes positivity, integrity, faithfulness, trust, maturity and what not. Faith keeps a person from cheating, from greed. That is why i think religion is important. Just my opinion.


Peace.....going to get some supper. Dinner was horrific and I'm hungry now. LOL!

*By the way a similar case like this happened before. The CGB Max era. Some guy designed his own CGB max hybrid. History repeats itself. (pic attached)

Take care people!

*Added 28 Dec 2010:
Another tell-tale sign:
This seller on eBay has loads of these heads! I don't wanna mention names but you know if you do your due diligence.
If its authentic how can he get so many?
There is NO WAY! Insider scoop, be it tour vans, staffs, factories or what-not, the major brands are now controlling very tightly regarding the leaking of Pre-released equipment. There is no way this dude can get his hands on so many heads - if they are real.

Well on the other hand, if they are counterfeits...he will have a whole container of heads! HAHA

I know, some people see these mentioned on tourspecgolf and assumed its legit. I wonder has anyone working inside tourspecgolf confirmed it?
All it was, was this simple - someone posted on the forum of tourspec golf. That's all I see. Did any tourspecgolf employees confirm or endorse it? I don't think so. I dont see them selling it either.

I have confirmed with my friends inside Taylormade...also confirmed with good friends who has inside contacts to Taylormade R&D in USA and UK....this 'model' is unheard of.

The mystery continues I guess



*Jan 2 2011: Edited- Removed eBay seller's (selling this wood) name because he emailed me and I thought I should cut him some slack.

9 comments:

  1. I bought this club on eBay from Japan and took it to my club fitter to find out that is was fake. Now the seller is saying he will give me a return for the full money and shipping once he gets the club back in Japan. Should i send it back assuming he will return the money or do you think that if i send the club back i will be out of a club and out of the money as well? THanks so much for this blog information and how you are trying to make an effort to save people like myself from these messes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you paid via paypal, as long as you send it back with a tracking number proof, paypal will return you the money.

    If you did not use paypal, then it gets trickier. It depends on the seller if he wants to be honest here and do the right thing. Have you dealt with him before? If so and you know he is a good guy, you should have nothing to worry about. If not, like you said, you will be out on your money, out on a club, and out on the shipping you paid to send it back, which can amount to a bigger loss.
    I'd weigh the pros and cons here. Of course if I did not use paypal, I'll try to make the seller refund me first, then I'll return the club. If he does not agree, and you think you do not really know this guy, you would better off keep the club and take it as a loss.

    Last time something like this happened to me, I shipped everything back but the guy MIA.....and we were quite close, we dealt prior to that but she decided to make a quick buck out of me.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also purchased one of these, but from a U.S. seller who probably purchased it from eBay, not sure. I tried the magnet test and it does not stick. It's a surprisingly solid club if it is indeed fake, even the black finish has held up well. Of course, its probably not COR conforming either. Since I am probably 3 or 4 people down from the original seller, I highly doubt I would be able to get any type of refund. Any advice for me to try and help out. I would be happy to send it to Taylormade if they wanted to test it or destroy it or whatever since I'm out either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David
    I must say just 1 week ago I was snooping on ebay and surprised to see these heads still blatantly on sale!
    If you bought it on ebay cant u do an 'item not as described' claim?. Worth a try.
    A magnet will not stick on this, this is a very high grade copy club down to the detail....only thing is some complain the paint is a little funky.
    Im surprised why Taylormade does nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paint is a little off, especially the white which is not very smooth and appears hand painted. The yellow in the ti is also an odd color and there is no arrow to line up the shaft sleeve. I didn't purchase it from eBay, I got it from a seller at golf wrx a couple of months ago. I haven't tried to contact the seller as I really don't think there is anything that could be done except to maybe find out who they bought it from. I also wish Taylormade would have made a statement when these first appeared, I guess they can't even keep track of all their new models. If you would like any close up pics for reference let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess if you have a picture, we could post here for reference so that other people can see.

    Well, if its not on ebay, I'm afraid u probably have only a slim chance of getting back your money. Lets just take it as a lesson learnt I guess. :(

    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another tell-tale sign:
    This seller on eBay has loads of these heads! I don't wanna mention names but you know if you do your due diligence.
    If its authentic how can he get so many?
    There is NO WAY! Insider scoop, be it tour vans, staffs, factories or what-not, the major brands are now controlling very tightly regarding the leaking of Pre-released equipment. There is no way this dude can get his hands on so many heads - if they are real.

    Well on the other hand, if they are counterfeits...he will have a whole container of heads! HAHA

    I know, some people see these mentioned on tourspecgolf and assumed its legit. I wonder has anyone working inside tourspecgolf confirmed it?
    All it was, was this simple - someone posted on the forum of tourspec golf. That's all I see. Did any tourspecgolf employees confirm or endorse it? I don't think so. I dont see them selling it either.

    I have confirmed with my friends inside Taylormade...also confirmed with good friends who has inside contacts to Taylormade R&D in USA and UK....this 'model' is unheard of.

    The mystery continues I guess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clarification for Max Kellner:
    http://iheartburners.blogspot.com/2011/01/important-post-to-promote-peace.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. aside from using the ebay ID supermax_golf Max Kellner is also using the ebay ID golf-fairprice
    My friend fell into the trap recently too.
    I guess Max knows supermax_golf is getting 'hot' on the internet as many people are talking about this issue so he changed it to sell under another ID.
    James (Chicago)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments and I will try my best to respond ASAP.