Great resource for outsourcing employers and/or workers looking for freelance projects worldwide!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rubber washer - where it should rightfully be

Many people I know use the rubber washer wrongly. They insert it into the screw and then screw it into the FCT sleeve via the top. When the rubber washer shreds, they say that its damaged....but of course! It's not supposed to be used that way.

The rubber washer is supposed to go below the head, not on top together with the screw. REFER TO PICTURE.

The purpose of the rubber washer? To prevent the screw from falling out easily when you 'unlock' your FCT sleeve.

Cheers!
(click on image below to enlarge)





11 comments:

  1. I would have thought that's pretty obvious....

    Or do what I do, at least refer to what is it look like currently on my driver/fw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, some people do install it the wrong way then they come back to me that the washer has shredded into pieces

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know if the size... or more specifically... the height of the rubber washer is different between Driver/Rescue?

    Apparently if you put a driver washer into a rescue, it will be too thick and leave a tiny, tiny gap between the club head and the FCT sleeve of rescue, and club head will make a weird echoing noise on impact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the rubber washers are all of the same size. R u sure u have places it correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure as! I even gone the trouble to measure it with a laser device I have at work (call me anal).

    There is a 0.023mm difference consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!
    So Rescue washers r thinner or thicker?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you use the same screw & washer that comes with the driver when putting on a new sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an R9 that will not click.I have extra screw and washer. Will this solve my problem? How do you remove the washer and screw? Simply unscrew it? I have ordered from you in the past. Your parts are the real thing.

    jsj54

    ReplyDelete
  9. what do u mean 'will not click?'

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments and I will try my best to respond ASAP.