Great resource for outsourcing employers and/or workers looking for freelance projects worldwide!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Taylormade R11 ASP...different versions

There will be 4 versions of ASP plates...I may be wrong; there may be more than 4, but as far as I know, I am only made aware of 4 versions now:
Red 8
Red 9
Gold 8
Gold 9

The gold plates are exclusive to Japanese R11s only...but if you wanna pimp your driver, you can get a gold plate from me. You can have a look at how the gold plate looks on the head here

So it leaves us to the question, what's the difference between 8 and 9?

However, upon closer examination, seems like I could spot a difference:
On the 9, there is another 'inner circle' 
What does the 'inner circle' do?

I remember reading on golfsmith that the TP R11 has a lower CG. So there must be some kind of a difference

I have had a friend who told me:
- The '8' plates are found in retail heads. They adjust 2 degree closed and 2 degree open
- The '9' plates are tour issue plates. They adjust 1 degree closed and 1 degree open

There will be 4 different plates adjustable in 0.5, 1, 1.5 and 2 degrees respectively. 
Thanks for the info buddy! The info is from my buddy Scott T.


I have previously discussed about 'questionable' number 8 plates: Link 1  Link 2

I will continue to work on this 'project' and find the other asp plates!

30 Jan 2011 update:
Heard from my supplier that an ASP plate with number 5 has been discovered! That must be the 0.5 or 1.5 degree version! Keep in the loop! :)
I heart this project!


Interested to buy gold/red ASP plates? Contact me

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog with some good content.

    I heard and read that the R11 std and TP are the same heads with the shafts being the only differentiation; however, I have also heard from a reputable source that the TP heads have a lower CG. You're the only source that has mentioned that the ASP plate may the difference between the std and TP. Do you have any additional info on this matter. If this is true, I will just purchase a standard R11 since I have several nice shaft with R9 or R9 SuperTri sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have confirmed that retail standard and TP heads have '8' ASP plates. the '9' are tour issue only.
    I believe the retail standard and TP head has the same head

    ReplyDelete
  3. will a r-9 insert fit on the head of a r-11 driver?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments and I will try my best to respond ASAP.