Great resource for outsourcing employers and/or workers looking for freelance projects worldwide!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Taylormade R11 ASP

I've taken these pictures like so long ago, I think 3 months ago, LOL
Since I'm in the mood to blog... but do not know what to write about, I'm digging this up to write for fun

So back a while back there were talks of fake ASP plates...or AST plates whatever we used to call it. Non adjustable plates. Remour was that people 'made' these copy plates to match it up with fake R11 heads to sell even months before the retail release date.
Some argue that they are prototype versions, which the white number 8 printed behind
Truth be told, today there are genuine number 8 ASP plates. They will be shipped with the R11s come 2nd Feb. I will later write in another post on the number 8 and number 9 plates.

I guess it was just the white printed number, and nerdy fonts on the plates that raised eyebrows.
Just some comparisons... (the left one with the number 8 is the questionable plate whereas the right one is the confirmed genuine version)

The workmanship is clearly better on the right plate yeah?

Oh I hate the nerdy fonts on the left plate

Workmanship

Weight of the 'real' one: 4.2g

Weight of the questionable plate: 3.8g



Anyways, I don't think there will still be a lot of these 'weird' plates floating around

Link to another post regarding this here
Different versions of ASP here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments and I will try my best to respond ASAP.