Great resource for outsourcing employers and/or workers looking for freelance projects worldwide!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

dealermatch on eBAY / golfstiffy

Today I wanna write a post about (dealermatch) on eBay or Golfstiffy (www.golfstiffy.com)

I was just doing some market research online and chanced upon his 'items for sale'.
I looked at every one of his items and description.
I must say I was, and am still a little annoyed at what he writes on his item description.

This guy flat out disses overseas sellers and claims that overseas sellers sells cheap knock offs that will even cause damage to golf clubs. I mean, that's quite a sweeping statement isn't it? It's like saying all Muslims are terrorists?

Part of doing well in sales is to sell yourself well and give yourself credit. I get that, I totally do. On the flip side, do not cheapen yourself by discrediting your competitors.

What's more controversial is that I know who is his supplier - from overseas. All his sleeves, ferrules, parts, club heads.
All his statements such as 'this is not an overseas import', 'this is made in the USA', 'be cautious of overseas sellers'....seems to be a man biting his own tongue.

Play the game gracefully.
Think like this: It's like, why $#%@ the guy who clothed you?




1 comment:

  1. actually golfstiffy wrote to me last month. I was out of the country so did not really put much attention to it
    anyways when i posted this i meant no harm or ill intentions towards him.
    Maybe I was in a bad mood then so it came out sounded angry, bitchy and mean
    All is good; I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments and I will try my best to respond ASAP.