Great resource for outsourcing employers and/or workers looking for freelance projects worldwide!

Friday, April 9, 2010

My very 1st negative feedback on eBay. Surprise surprise!!!



WOW! So while I was enjoying my Hagen-Dazs ice-cream (Macadamia Nut) flavour, I clicked the refresh button on my eBay page.
Weird, my feedback score is 1167...I was thinking I thought it was 1168 just now?
"Crap, a negative?" I spoke to myself. I opened my feedback page there it was: - A BIG FAT NEGATIVE RED FEEDBACK staring at me.

Worst of all, the feedback says: "Fake, straight bore through, should have known from singapore"
You guys who follow me closely know that I never sell fake Taylormade sleeves. In fact after all I've done, writing articles to help people identify fakes (I usually write articles at mid-night...sacrificing my sleep), I would never be selling fakes.

There's only 2 possibilities here:

1) This is a misunderstanding
I would love to think this is the case, but if this is really a misunderstanding, the buyer would have contacted me first, tell me there is a problem. Even if not, he should file a Paypal dispute to get his money back. No dispute case has been opened until now. I'm very puzzled

2) Sabotage by competitors
Need I say more? I hope this is not the case but there's always the possibility, in fact I feel like I might be sabotaged. Come on, no one leaves negative feedback just like that without contacting the seller first. BUT, I wanna remain professional about this whole thing. I don't want to speculate so soon. It's still early.....I contacted eBay to request for his contact number, I tried calling the buyer up on his cell, it went straight to his voicemail. I left a voice message, I left him a message on eBay and I also sent him an email.
Yes, I spent money to do a long distance call....this shows how serious I am about upholding my reputation. I recorded my call to him and also recorded the voicemail I left.

Like I said, it's still early, I'm going to be professional about this and give him a chance to respond. This could be all a misunderstanding. Well, if not? Let's just say I know very strongly about my products and I won't allow my reputation to be defamed.

That's the purpose of this blog. I'm so glad I have a place to 'vent'!


Also, Thank You to all of you who has stayed by me, believed in me and supported me all the way! ♥

Well....I'm just going to chill now. Going to play Guitar Hero

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATES:

Ok, so after about 12 hours later, the buyer revised the feedback to a Neutral.
This is what actually happened....
like I said, the first thing I did was to call him up on his cell, no answer....so I left a voicemail, and also sent him an email
I also had a friend, who gave him a call. My friend is in the US and he's so sweet by helping me out (Thanks S)
So my friend managed to speak with him....turns out the guy brought it to Golfsmith and the guys told him it was a straight bore. So of course my friend was surprised and stood up for me....offered to meet him up to have a look at it, and even offered him a new sleeve (from my friend's own pocket....yes, I'm so touched). They guy said ok, but he has already installed the sleeve he received from me (Questionable point 1: U say its fake, and u go on and install and use it?).
So I sent the buyer a feedback revision form, and I went straight to sleep. It was like 4:30am in Singapore already!
When I woke up, I realized he changed it to a neutral. Hmmm, 'can't he have changed it to a positive?' I thought to myself.
I mean, I think I did enough, in fact more than enough. More than what any seller would do.
So do I think this might be a case of a 'red eye sabotage'? Honestly, maybe. I don't wanna sound like a sour grape but you can't blame me for feeling this way can you?:
- no contacting me first, straight negative
- no paypal dispute (he does not want his money back....just wants to leave a negative, for $20...quite cheap)
- says my sleeve is fake, but has installed and used it?
- after all that I've done to make things right, meeting him to have a look at his sleeve, offering a new one, all I got was a neutral?

Whatever. Maybe he is a genuine buyer who is hard to please. I'll take it.....thats the kick you have to take for selling on eBay.
Or
Maybe he is sent by a competitor with the intent to bring me down. Whatever too. I hope from this episode they'll actually know that I mean business and will run a long race just to make sure my reputation remains intact. Especially when I am accused of something I know is not true!

Closed case. I shall just leave it as it is. The buyer, revised his feedback (although only to a neutral).....but at least he removed those defamatory remarks, I shall just let it be. I'll not dig any further. Instead of wasting time, I'll write more guides for you guys!


3 comments:

  1. i am the customer's iheartburner . I ordered R9 sleeves more than 40 units from him. I guarantee that alls products is genuine.

    My email is Jackspicy@gmail.com

    Best regards

    TOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Tom
    Thanks for your kind comments

    The guy who left feedback has changed it to Neutral, haha.
    I guess thats the problem with selling on ebay right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way I hope everything in Thailand is ok. I heard the protest is quite serious

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments and I will try my best to respond ASAP.