Great resource for outsourcing employers and/or workers looking for freelance projects worldwide!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

How to differentiate a genuine R9 FCT sleeve from a replica




Hello people! Hope all is well.

I have decided to write a little article on 'how to differentiate a genuine R9 FCT sleeve from a replica'. 
Some may ask 'Why?'
Well, I have been doing a search on eBay lately and I have spotted a few replicas. Some buyers may not be aware of it, so I thought I'd do what I can to raise awareness.

Some buyers have asked me, if my sleeves were genuine? Well, right now, I'll declare that YES, my sleeves are genuine. I only accept paypal as a mode of payment, nothing else. So if anything goes wrong ie. Item not as described, a claim can be made and you get your money back.

I know... I know, seeing a seller from Singapore... which is Asia, people will start to think that my sleeves may not be the real deal. Haha, on the contrary, the replicas I spotted on eBay were sold by sellers from the USA and Canada. 
So I think that goes to show that sometimes, we can't really judge a book by its cover. Just like the whole Susan Boyle incident, LOL! 

I am proud to say that I have been the FIRST to sell R9 FCT sleeves on eBay. You see more US sellers now. I do supply in bulk to some of these eBay sellers and also to clubmakers in the US, UK and Europe. So I have no qualms about what I am selling.

I know this product very well, and I just want to share it with you guys who may in turn benefit from it. I hope you enjoy it as I've spent 3 hours doing it. I kinda missed watching American Idol doing this too. LOL... well I hate to say it but I seriously think Adam Lambert is gonna win. My Danny has no chance. Oh well, whatever!!

So back to the topic, Yes, there are replica FCT sleeves going around already. My cousin is a clubmaker in Japan and he works for the Japanese tour...but but but, I did not gain this knowledge from my cousin. Haha, no props to him.
I learnt a lot on these sleeves from my friend Craig who is a clubmaker here in Singapore. He has seen a couple of fake FCT sleeves being brought to him so far, so after buying him coffee, I got enough info to write this. So here we go:

What are the risks of using a replica FCT shaft sleeve?
- My friend Craig whom I mentioned above has seen R9 heads fly off during play. Replica sleeves are inferior. They are made using the cheapest materials and are not durable. Put it in play after a while (especially so if you play very often), the sleeve will either crack, or your R9 head will fly off during play. The head flying off could be due to 2 things. 1) The replica screw bolt which is easy to break after constant 'impact'  2)The sleeve pocket (where you insert your shaft), is not durable for a replica sleeve. It does not go through the proper techniques required like welding and what not.

So guys, make sure you get the real deal. A head flying off is no joke, you can injure someone else! OMG....and it is true! It has happened to golfers who bought replica sleeves (without knowing).


So as above, I have 2 pictures attached. You need to click on each picture to get an enlarged version. There you will see clear pictures and descriptions, comparisons between a genuine sleeve and a replica.


I am selling the FCT sleeves on eBay as well as on my blog. So, buy safe!
If you need further help on this topic, feel free to drop me an email.

1:40am.....time to sleep, got an 8am tee off tomorrow. Playing with 3 other ladies, so excited. I like it....cos I always play with guys and they are always better than me......so playing with ladies is nice! hahahah






2 comments:

  1. i believe that i purchased a fake sleeve and shaft i tightened the screw and it snapped ( inside a genuine shaft not owned by me) the sleeve does not have a production no on it the shaft is a different colour to authentic shafts the head appears to be ok when compared to the real thing is this common? if u have time i would really appreciate a reply thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. if its a fake screw & sleeve, its very common that it will snap.

    Also what wrench were u using? Even if its an authentic screw, and you are not using the R9 wrench, u may apply too much force on it until the screw breaks. U need to use the R9 wrench, the white one

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave comments and I will try my best to respond ASAP.